Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016 goals

I want to make things happen in 2016, instead of putting them off or talking about them but not taking action or waiting for them to happen.  I don't want them to be resolutions; I want them to be  goals.  I'm not sure what the difference is really, but I'm aiming for goals.  My first goal is to make a list of goals for four areas - personal, work, household, and financial.  This is my start - I'm not going to share them all, but I'm going to commit to some here, for "everyone" to see.

Personal
  • Get on a regular haircut schedule again (It's been 5 months since I had a haircut, and it looks like it).
  • Get back to being able to run 2 miles nonstop by the end of summer (this is going to be tough unless Nugget starts sleeping more, but a girl can dream)
  • Finish SB and BW's "baby" blankets (luckily I made them toddler/kid size from the start; I'm cheating a bit here as I just finished SB's; I have a few more hours for BW's).
  • Choose and start "baby" kid blanket for Nugget.

Work
  • Get a promotion (I'm really nervous about this one; I don't have enough confidence in myself).

Household
  • Declutter and organize master closet
  • Redecorate SB and BW's room to a "big girl room" (I'm super excited about this one, and have even opened my Pinterest app again to explore color ideas.
  • Make our office an office instead of a storage room

Financial
  • Finish paying off medical bills (still some lingering from Nugget's birth and subsequent illnesses)
  • Increase 401(k) contributions 1% over yearly scheduled increase
  • Commit to plan to pay off credit card debt and make substantial dent in credit card debt (this one weighs huge on my mind.  We have more than I'm comfortable with due to the Hubs' stint of unemployment in 2014; the Hubs and I are still working on how to communicate financially after five years of marriage - I think this is still one of the areas that is a work in progress for us, and may be for some time.



No comments:

Post a Comment