Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Breathing it in

We just recently returned from our week-long vacation, which I'll hopefully squeeze a post in about in the future.  Yesterday was the first day back at daycare for our three little girls, and it was a bit tough on all of them, after having mommy and daddy around 24/7 for 10 days.  Nugget especially had a difficult time transitioning back - after daycare pickup she just wanted to cuddle and snuggle with mama.  She went down for bedtime okay, but then woke around 11 pm and did.not. want to go back to sleep in her crib.  So I sat with her in the chair in her room, and snuggled and just breathed in her baby smell, as soon she won't be a baby anymore.  She would breathe deeply, but then here eyes would slide open, like she was checking if I was still there.  She finally gave in to sleep, but popped up the moment I laid her in her crib and cried.  Since I needed sleep, I took her into our  bed with me at this point.  She snuggled right in against my side and dozed off, although she still wasn't in a deep sleep for a while.  Was I sleeping?  No, but I savored that moment of snuggles and tried to commit the feel of it to memory.  He soft, still covered in baby peach fuzz head on my shoulder, her body curled against my side like it belonged there, her hand spread on my chest for assurance as she dozed.  She has gotten so big all of a sudden and her first birthday is only a few weeks away.  Once Nugget is ready for sleep, she doesn't want to cuddle (family trait), so once she pushed away from me and settled between the hubs and I on her stomach, I knew I could move her to her crib, but even though I'm tired this morning, I'm so glad I was able to sneak in the extra cuddles.  I am 99% sure she is my last baby (I can't say never yet), so I want to remember all these moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment