Thursday, November 19, 2015

I'll take the gift of sleep for the holidays, please

My last post included Nugget's sudden penchant for middle of the night parties every 45 minutes to an hour or more.  This went on for a week.  Nugget was sleeping in the RnP for portions of the night so we could all get some sleep.  Nugget was spending a few hours attached to the boob so we could all get some sleep.  I have much greater sympathy for those moms who say their child won't sleep unless they are attached, because we did that for a couple hours two nights in a row.  I learned that I love baby snuggles, but bed-sharing is not for me.  The manner in which I have to lay to make sure I am not concerned about baby rolling in to me, and the shallow sleep pattern I am in since I am conscious of baby next to me is not restful at all.  Yawn.

Anyway, to keep this brief, Nugget had her 6-month check-up, and it turns out she had a double ear infection.  I felt like a terrible mom, but aside from some differences in her normal behavior that really only clued me in after the fact (the waking all the time thing, and being a booger about taking bottles at daycare) she was absolutely unchanged.  She was her same smiley, cooing self, and even her night wakings she was cooing and squealing like she just wanted to be awake for the heck of it. No fever, no tugging on ears, nothing.  So, good to know that the kid doesn't show signs of being sick like I would expect.

It's taken a course of antibiotics and a few days, but Nugget is finally, after almost 2 weeks, starting to sleep some longer stretches again.  Every time I get her to sleep and lay her down, I pray she will sleep at least 2 hours.  Last night she slept from 8-10, and 10-3.  I'll take it.

In other news, she is at the weight limit, and, with rolling and sitting unassisted and being almost able to pull herself fully sitting, developmental limit, for the RnP.  It needs to go.  However, it's so nice to have the incline sleep option if necessary.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment