Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Week 26

I've had a rudimentary understanding of the Wonder Weeks since SB and BW were little, but I haven't done heavy reading into it.  It makes sense that babies have developmental leaps; but I don't know that I need to have specific instruction to "help" my baby through the leap. 

I vaguely recalled that one was around the six-month mark, so when Nugget slept like poo a few nights ago, and decided that the middle of the night was a great time to have a party last night, I decided to look it up.  Closest leap? 26 weeks.  Nugget's age?  26 weeks, 1 day.  Week 26 is supposed to be about relationships.  Baby realizes that things have differing distances from baby.  Which explains why Nugget thought she should wake up and nurse every 1-2 hours a few nights ago.  Must have mommy close.  Also explains while she was squealing and cooing to herself in her crib the next night and I went to peek in at her (hoping she would soothe herself to sleep) she had her paci outstretched and was turning it slowly too and fro, studying it carefully.

She's also started using rolling as a mode of transportation, like she just realized there is a purpose and benefit to being able to roll over, and it's not just an accident or novelty.  She doesn't complain about being put on her tummy anymore because she knows she can change it if she wants to.  She also is really starting to love interacting with SB and BW.  She smiles at them and "talks" to them, and they can usually distract her if she is starting to get fussy and I need a minute or two to finish something up.  Although SB and BW are technically our "middle" children, I have a feeling Nugget will be our mediator.  She is very calm most of the time, although she has her moments.  I can't wait to keep watching them grow up together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment