Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Amber teething necklaces

So, with SB and BW having total craptastic sleep lately, a marked increase in drooling that should not be normal for a toddler, SB struggling to pop her bottom canines through for what feels like a year now, and 2-year molars on the horizon, I decided to hop into the game late and buy some baltic amber teething necklaces.  They don't really wear them much because they can't sleep in them, (they apparently have baby cankles so  I can't do the double wrap around the ankle that some moms recommend), and they can't wear them to daycare, so they basically wear them on weekends.  But if it results in a non-meltdown toddler for the weekend, I'll take it.

I didn't know until I started shopping for these necklaces that baltic amber was such a counterfeit product.  I'm fairly confident that the ones I eventually purchased were real, although I still don't feel 100% sure.  Initially you would have thought I put a terrible torture device on them, they love their necklaces now.  Do they help?  I can't tell for sure - the most definitive change I've noticed so far is a decrease in drool.  SB was literally drooling down her shirt sometimes like a 5-month-old baby previously, and the drool has pretty much stopped.  Plus, SB's one canine did finally cut through this weekend, so hopefully we only have to work through one more of those. 

Even if they only have some minimal effect - they are super cute, and SB and BW should be done with them right around the time that I can consider them for the baby that is currently gestating, then I'll probably try to re-sell them for close to what I paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment