Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Placenta Pizza

Ew, I know, that's the grossest blog title ever.  However, according to my OB, this is the easiest way to describe circumvallate placenta.  A normal placenta is smooth and uniform.  With a circumvallate placenta, the membranes curves up on its edges, like a pizza crust.  Because the hubs loves my OB and loves to joke with him, there were additional comments about lunch and eating pizza and red sauce that I will not include here.

Bottom line - my OB is not concerned about the placenta diagnosis at this time.  I will have ultrasounds every four weeks to check on baby's growth, (the next at about 24 weeks) and we need a follow-up ultrasound anyway because they were not able to properly image baby's spine. On my own, I'm trying not to overdo things and trying to really focus on eating healthy, even more than before, to make sure baby is getting all the nutrients it needs.  Baby is a bit of a night owl, and usually is pretty chill during the day, but has a definite active period around 9-10 pm, then usually throws some kicks in for good measure whenever I wake up during the night (which, with two toddlers teething and sick, is far more often than I would like).

No comments:

Post a Comment