Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Placenta update

I'm trying to follow along with the riveting saga that is my circumvallate placenta just so there is another resource out there besides the various chats you may be able to unearth or the scary statistics you may come across.  I had a follow-up ultrasound recently that was intended to (1) check baby's spine, as the tech was not able to adequately visualize the upper spine at the anatomy scan, and (2) check on placenta and growth of the baby.  Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication between my OB's office and the imaging lab, and despite my insistence to the tech that a major reason for the follow-up ultrasound was to check on baby's growth, the tech did not do any measurements or try to verify if she should be doing measurements.  So, we received confirmation that baby's spine is fine, I do have the circumvallate placenta, but no word on whether baby is growing appropriately. Argh.  So, I have another ultrasound next week to check baby's measurements.  I really hope she is growing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment