Friday, February 13, 2015

No growth problems here!

Although there was a miscommunication following our last growth scan, my OB scheduled me for a follow-up the following week to get the actual measurements.  So far, baby nugget is right on track - her head even caught up a bit and is now right in line with gestational age.  The continue to confirm via ultrasound that I do have circumvallate placenta, and I can recognize the edges of the placenta curling up as well now on the u/s.  My mom went with me to this u/s and lucked out, because the tech was really enjoying doing the u/s and spent probably 10 or 15 minutes just trying to get some good 3D pictures for us, so we got to see baby yawn, and move her hands around and stick her tongue out.

I'm on the cusp of the 3rd tri now (how did that happen?) so I'm glad baby is growing okay.  I am operating under the assumption right now that everything is going to be just fine.  My mom, surprisingly, has stayed off google so far and hasn't researched the placenta issue - she said if she did she would probably just worry, which is probably true.  I haven't really told anyone else, because I don't want to blow it out of proportion or get people worked up when everything may be just fine. 

Baby is very active - although there was a lot of movement during my twin pregnancy with the two babies, they were also getting pretty crowded by this point in my pregnancy, so kicks and jabs had limited momentum.  I swear this baby thinks she is a pinball sometimes, and she gets some good whacks in.  I love it. 

I also continue to have almost zero back and hip pain, just a few twinges here and there.  Considering I am hefting 28-30 lbs  of toddler several times a day, I am very thankful for this.  I am sleeping well, and haven't even had to add pillow props (in fact, I've been trying to avoid, and I think sleeping with a pillow between my knees puts my SI joint out of alignment).  I'm seriously considering sending my chiropractor flowers or a big basket of candy for their office as a thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment