Monday, April 27, 2015

Good friends, good food, good mood

In my last post, I mentioned that some friends were coming to visit for the weekend, and I was a little apprehensive since I still feel like I have a lot of unfinished projects and things to get done before baby arrives.  However, this weekend was a fabulous experience.  Our friends arrived after we had put the girls to bed, so we were able to enjoy a leisurely dinner with adult conversation and without any screeching competitions, repeated admonitions that we do NOT put our feet on the table when we eat, spilled milk, or banging of silverware.  It was so nice to talk and catch up.  Our friends were very low key and didn't bat an eye at taking two toddlers to lunch and not having any specific plans.  We rounded out Saturday with drinks and card games, and it was wonderful.  Sunday my mom came and watched the twins so the hubs and I could take a day and go out to eat and do some shopping for Nugget (with a little for SB and BW thrown in).  It was so nice to have another adult meal and focus on some new things for Nugget. I can't believe she will be arriving soon, and our whole routine will change.  Here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment