Thursday, October 29, 2015

Who am I?

I had a chiropractor appointment for the raging sciatica that has suddenly made my life miserable this week.  Chronic pain sufferers - I am so sorry.  I've only been dealing with this for four days.  I hope I can get it under control because it's affecting my life.

Anyway, because of the immediate pain, I couldn't see my regular chiro, because she is like, the best ever and always pretty booked.  So, as the chiro is doing all sorts of lovely cracking things to my back, he asks me this question:

"So, what do you do for fun?"

Umm..Ahh...well...go to the chiropractor?

Nothing. I do nothing.  Does facebook surfing while half-watching whatever show the Hubs has chosen count?  Candy Crush Soda Saga?  Because that's pretty much all I do outside of mothering, laundry and work. 

Maybe he should have asked "what would you do for fun if you could?"

Take my kids swimming, start running again, go camping, waterski, snow ski down the bunny hill (I am adverse to speed), read, crochet, knit, put puzzles together, grown-up color, learn to sew on my sewing machine that sits in the closet.

I suppose spending time with family counts.  But that's not always fun for me.  I need to start looking more for things that are fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment